The nucleus of Sakarya University, whose mission is to educate individuals by all kinds of equipment modern civilization requires, has been formed by School of Engineering and Architecture founded in 1970 affiliated with Istanbul Technical University. This school has turned into the State Academy of Engineering and Architecture in 1971 and served as a faculty from 1982 to 1992. Sakarya University was established according to the Law No. 3837 dated July 3, 1992.
As one of the universities established in 1990s, Sakarya University has set a good example due to not only its success in completion of academic units and technical infrastructure but its advances in laboratories, educational and social services, internet infrastructure and informatics as well. Sakarya University is the first and only state university receiving the ISO-2002 Quality Certificate and “the EFQM Excellence Quality Certificate of Competency Level”.
Mission & Vision
Our Mission is
• to discipline individuals avid for discoveries in knowledge and technology
• to create a contemporary educational culture participatory, sharing, novel and equipped with aesthetic values
• to educate individuals possessing occupational adequacy and respect for social values.
Our Vision is to become a university
• well-known and highly preferred in Turkey and around the World for educational and research purposes
• possessing a managerial environment encouraging team work, valuing participation and contribution
• undertaking researches aiming to solve local, regional and nation-wide issues
• initiator in collaboration between the university, the industry and the society
• efficient and adequate in providing online educational services in associate, undergraduate, and graduate levels
• creating contemporary, lasting, novel fine art products still preserving traditional taste
• respectful for universal values
• embracing the principals of total quality management
• continuously improving